Projected Trends For 2011:
Now that the New Year has arrived, we want to make sure that you all are on trend for what’s hot and what’s not for 2011. And, seeing that we’re pretty well tapped into the fashion, health and beauty scenes, we wanted to take this opportunity to make some of our own predictions for what's to come in 2011!
2011 Trends For The Ladies:
- Bold eye make-up is huge for 2011. Be creative and dramatic and opt for all-out fluorescent eyes in sorbet shades; experiment with a swipe of vivid green liner or a fluorescent orange shadow at the outer corners of your eyes.
- Each year it seems that we see the bikini get smaller and smaller and 2011 will not be any different. This year, we will continue to see “scrunch” bottoms, whereas bikini tops will stay mildly conservative. Make sure you are prepped for those tiny bottoms with a bikini wax!
- Delete the tawny, earth-toned blush, eye and lip colors and get a sun-kissed Seventies glow instead for 2011.
- Get rid of those defiantly bold and bushy eyebrows of 2010 and swap them for a pair of strong but groomed eyebrows that are all the rage for 2011.
2011 Trends For The Fellas:
- The 2011 man is attentive to his looks more than ever, becoming a considerable market share for plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgery clinics. Men are getting Botox shots, getting waxed and getting more invasive cosmetic treatments such as rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery and hair transplants.
- Men are also booking appointments at salons or spas for eyebrow waxes. With guys like David Beckham boasting nicely shaped brows, it seems men aren't settling for less. Guys, this really isn't about becoming a pretty-boy -- it's about not walking around with a unibrow.
- Manscaping: As goes with the 2011 trend of ‘less,’ men all over the U.S. are aiming for less body hair. We all know that back, ear and nose hair have always been out, but 2011 will be the year to more widely eliminate chest hair and minimize, um, “down there.”